Date: 2012-06-07 Category: Interviews
London 2012 Olympics Special
Sports Visualisation & Video Analysis
Video Interview - Dr Phil Legg of Swansea University
ITWales brings you an exclusive 'London 2012 Olympics Special' video interview with Computer Scientist at Swansea University, Dr Phil Legg, whose current research focus is in Sports Visualisation and Video Analysis.
With the London 2012 Olympics on the horizon, we wanted to find out from Phil how this technology works and how does it benefit athletes competing in this year's Olympics and future sporting events.
Alternatively, click on the individual questions we asked Phil on the day:
- Can you tell us a little about yourself?
- What got you into Sports Visualisation?
- What is Sports Visualisation & Video Analysis?
- With the London 2012 Olympics on the horizon, how vital a role can Sports Video Analysis play in an athletes preparation?
- How widespread is this technology being used in the sports industry currently?
- What sports applications are you currently working on?
- What sporting partners are you working with?
- How do people get into video analysis and visualisation?
- Can this technology be applied in other industries such as business?
- Are you looking forward to the Olympics?
Phil has also given ITWales an exclusive demonstration of his hugely successful 'Rugby Match Pad App' used by the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) at last year's Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. As an added bonus, he has also given us a sneek peak at a new app he is currently working on using Microsoft Kinect in the growing sport of Tang Soo Doo.
To view the video presentation's click on the links below:
To find out more on Dr Phil Legg, visit his personal webpage at: http://www.plegg.me.uk/